Monday, January 12, 2015

Meeting the new gals....

Apparently even though Jan brought home a few new gals back in October, she didn't introduce them to me and Poca until today.  Whaaaa???  In any event, I'm not sure how it went.

Poca and I were just getting ready to go have breakfast this morning.

Poca, as usual, climbed down the table with no trouble at all.  How in the world does she do that?  It's not particularly fair; I'm terrible at it, and I'm afraid of heights.
"Aren't you coming, Snow?" she asked.
"Yeah, yeah, I am", I answered back, gulping as I looked down at the ground.

I did make it down (oh, and managed to completely trip over my own feet just as I made it to the bottom).  I've asked Jan to put a small pile of books next to the table so that I can use them to get down easier.  It helps a little bit, but I was kinda more hoping that Jan would get the hint to not always have us sit on top of that table. :/

Poca was laughing.
"You still don't like climbing up and down that table, do you?" she asked between giggles.
"No, I don't, Pocahontas." I answered back.  I was pretty annoyed.  And Poca had the sense to stop laughing.  She knows I mean business when I call her Pocahontas instead of Poca.  And I know she didn't mean anything by laughing, but it still irked me.
We both stopped talking when we heard the sound of Jan's voice.
"Poca, Snow?"  Uh oh, I knew that tone of voice.  It was the 'trying to play it totally cool, but trying to make dolls best friends' voice.  "There's a couple of new dolls I'd like you two to meet."
Poca and I shook our heads at each other.  We both knew how Jan was.
"Ok." we both answered.  This was probably going to be awkward for the new dolls as well as us.

Jan took us over to a different area of the room where two dolls were standing.  One of them had strawberry red hair in braids, with a pink cape and hat, and a rather traditional costume-looking outfit.  The other had long blond hair in an amazing hairdo, and a blue sparkly gown.

Poca approached the two of them first, while I hung behind a bit.
"Hello!!" Poca said.  "I'm Pocahontas, but you can call me Poca."
"Hi!" the redhaired doll answered.  "I'm Anna!! I love chocolate, do you love chocolate??  Sheesh, that ride here in that UPS box was murder!  Did you have to ride in a shipping box?"  She sounded really excited and hyper, and really outgoing.

I approached Anna.
"Hello, I'm Snow White.  But I generally am just called Snow."  I really wasn't quite sure what to make of Anna.
"Hi, Snow!!  I love your hair!!  You look much beautifuller than me...wait, not beautifuller, not fuller, just more beautiful!!"  I giggled inside a bit.  Anna obviously spoke before she thought.

Poca now spoke to the other doll.
"Hello!!" she offered.
"Hello.....I'm Elsa." she replied quietly, in almost a whisper.
"Wait, Elsa and Anna....you two are from Frozen, right?" I asked.
"That's right!!" Anna jumped in.
"Is your dress made of ice, really?" Poca inquired.  "I'd think you'd be pretty cold if it was!"
"Oh, um no, it's not." Elsa replied in the same quiet tone.
"Can you make ice and snow, like the character?" Anna asked.
"Anna, isn't that kind of a rude question?" Poca asked gently.  "We are dolls, you know, and I don't think we can make ice and snow."

I couldn't help but notice that Elsa looked a bit wistful at that.


I felt kind of bad for her.  It couldn't be easy being expected to make ice and snow just because your movie character did!!  I mean, my movie character is great with animals, and don't get me wrong, I do love animals: but I don't think that woodland animals are going to stop whatever they're doing and help me clean a cottage just because I ask them to!! ;-). 
"It's ok," I said, laying a hand on her arm, "you're special just as you are.  We aren't all like our movie characters."

To my surprise, Elsa pulled her arm away very quickly and then looked away, and I jerked my own hand back in surprise.  Had I done something wrong?  I quickly retreated behind Poca.

Poca, Anna, and I all looked in surprise at Elsa's quickly retreating back.
"Elsa, wait!!" Anna called after her, but Elsa didn't slow down at all.

We all just kind of stared in stunned silence for a few seconds.

Anna recovered first.
"Um, don't look at me, guys." she said.  "I really don't know Elsa very well myself.  I only met her a couple days ago, and she really doesn't talk to me much.  I think she's upset about something."
Poca and I both only offered a quiet "oh" in response.

"So, um, where do we stay?" Anna asked to break the silence.
"We'll show you." Poca responded.

We guided her over to the table, which Anna stared up at with an unreadable expression.

Suddenly she let out a very loud "Whoo hoo!!!!" and proceeded to climb up the table like it was nothing.  Thankfully, none of the humans besides Jan were home, or they probably would've heard her!!
"Hey, aren't you coming up?' she called down to us.  "This is fantastic!!"  I did a very dramatic face-palm.  Yippee, another doll who is extremely good at climbing and makes me look like a nincompoop.

"I think we've got an outdoor explorer on our hands." Poca whispered to me.

And then Poca proceeded to also climb up the side of the table as if it were nothing.

Now the two of them were up there peering down at me over the side of the table.
"Ok, fine, I'm coming." I grumbled.

So I climbed up the small pile of books...

...gripped the drawer pull as hard as I could....

...and somehow swung myself up to the tabletop, where Anna helped to pull me up.

I grunted and sat down, irritated.  Poca and Anna continued to look over the side of the table.
"Ok, guys, show is over." I called over to them.
"What show?" Poca asked, confused.
"The little show called 'watching Snow look like a twit climbing up the table'" I retorted.  I knew I was being snarky, but I was a little offended.

Poca and Anna both pulled themselves to sitting positions.  Anna scooted over to sit by me.
"I'm sorry if I offended you." she said.  "I just like doing athletic things, like climbing up to high places and all that."
I really hadn't meant to make Anna feel bad, especially since this was her first day with us on the table.  Now I wished I could take my snarky remarks back.
"It's ok," I replied.  "I was just getting offended easily.  Don't worry about it."
Anna instantly looked relieved, and my own face relaxed as well.

"Um, you guys, look over there." Poca said, gesturing towards a box a few feet away.  Elsa was sitting on it all by herself, looking very lonesome and sad.
"Do you think we should go sit with her?"  Anna asked.  "She looks kind of unhappy."
"I don't know." Poca answered slowly.  "She also kind of looks like she wants to be alone right now, in some way."

I looked over at Elsa and frowned.  It couldn't feel nice to be unhappy like that.  What was the matter with her?  Could I maybe help her?  We'll have to see how this goes....

~ Snow











8 comments:

  1. Yay for new dolls, but no yay for sad Elsa. :( Don't worry, Snow, I'm sure you'll be able to break through to her eventually!

    Meg <3

    PS This reminds me: http://elsa-adollslifeforme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm kind of worried about Elsa. I feel super bad for her. I just don't know what to do; I don't even know if she wants me around. It's kind of confusing. :(
    On a lighter note, Anna decided it was a fantastic idea to tell Poca and me all about how she got here, and what it was like in the warehouse. I don't even know where she gets so much energy!! She's seems to have an endless supply of it! ;-)

    ~ Snow

    P.S. Thank you for the link!! :-). I followed her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, the best thing you can do is try to be there for her, all three of you. There's a good chance that that's what she needs most.
    HAHAHAHA, Anna sounds EXACTLY like our own Anna... except for the whole "I love athletics" thing. :)

    Meg <3

    PS- She's not a 12 inch doll, she's a 16 inch, but MyLittleMegara actually knows her and said that her ideas are very similar to ours despite being 4 inches tall. I guess her human is MyLittleMegara's best friend or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice, Meg! :-). I'm going to try and talk to Elsa today; maybe offer to get her lunch or something?

      Haha, that's really funny that your Anna is so much like ours. I hope you guys have more energy than me though; I'm getting tired out just watching Anna boing about the room exploring. :}

      ~ Snow

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a plan!

      Well, we've also got high energy Ariel and Posy (a Rapunzel,) so they do stuff together, plus Anna's really close to Elsa and she's engaged to Kristoff (EEEP!) so the quiet two of them sort of act as bumpers when she's getting TOO enthusiastic. And MyLittleMegara's built along the same lines, so we had looooots of practice before the Frozen Classics came. :)

      Meg <3

      PS- I meant 4 inches tallER, not 4 inches tall. Oops!

      Delete
  4. Hi Snow, I hope things have gotten better with Elsa since you posted! Maybe she's nervous and scared with all of the changes? I remember feeling all out of sorts when I was first unboxed.

    -Rapunzel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if you want me to keep sending you doll blogs, but here's http://lifeintheroom.blogspot.com/2013/05/hullo-all.html

    She's a Merida and she hasn't updated in a long time, but I thought you might want to see it. :)

    Meg <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Rapunzel!! :-). Thank you for the comment. That's what I thought might be the problem too, but we've all tried to be really nice to her, and she still stays off my herself. So no, things he not really gotten better with Elsa. :(. I'll post again soon with some updates, though!!

    Hello, Meg! :-). Of course, I always love seeing more doll blogs. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete